Whether you are raising kids on your own, with a partner or with extended family, keeping family relationships healthy can be tough, especially in times of transition and when children or teens are in need of extra support. Our focus is on helping you be the best mother or father you can be, alone or with your partner. See the Message to Parents about our approaches to counselling for children under 16, which is under “Events and flyers.” Issues we work on include:
• Family communication and problem-solving
• Needs of caregivers
• Connecting with teachers, doctors and community resources for children
• Parent-child relationship
• Blended families
• Cultural adjustments
• Chores, mealtimes, schoolwork routines
• Coping with extended family pressures
• Finding quality time to have fun as a family
• Sibling relationships
• Behavioural and emotional needs
Fees are assessed for each client, based on household income. The maximum fee is $100. No one is turned away for lack of ability to pay. Proof of income may be required.
Locations: Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Maple, and Georgina. (Walk-In is in Richmond Hill only.)
Languages: English, Spanish, Farsi, Cantonese and Mandarin. (Walk-In is limited to language of the counsellors available.)
Call “Intake” at 905-770-7040, extension 241 (toll free 1-800-263-2075).
CCSYR is a Family Service Agency accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
NEW! Promising Youth Program (read more)